Department of Medicine Hospital Madiun dr.Soedono - Indonesia
Death in Patients with Regular Hemodialysis Due to CKD in RSUD Dr. Soedono Madiun Not Correlated to Various Risk Factors
Background: Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) indicated by the inability of the kidneys in maintaining homeostasis of the body.1 This causes the patient to undergo renal replacement therapy for life. Patients undergoing regular hemodialysis have a higher risk of death in the last 2 decades. The survival of hemodialysis patients is different because it is influenced by several factors, including age, sex, duration of hemodialysis, duration of hemodialysis and accompanying comorbid patients.
Objective: To identify risk factors that affect mortality in patients with CKD undergoing regular hemodialysis.
Method: This research is an observational research with case-control design. Research done in dr.Soedono Madiun Hospital in December 2016 with a sample size of 41 cases and 41 control. Data retrieved through the medical records of patients with CKD who undergo regular HD from January to November 2016. Data analysis was performed including analysis of univariate, bivariate analysis using chi-square test with 95% CI, 5% significance level (α = 0.05) and analysis multivariste using logistic regression.
Results: There was no significant relationship between age (p = 0.23; OR = 1.78; 95% CI 0.68 to 4.64), gender (p = 0.623; OR = 1.24; 95% CI 0, 49 to 3.18), long live HD (p = 0.12; OR = 0.50; 95% CI 0.20 to 1.20), duration of HD (p = 0.81, OR = 0.89; 95% CI 0.34 to 2.28), hypertension (p = 0.21; OR = 0.44; 95% CI 0.12 to 1.61), diabetes mellitus (p = 0.17; OR = 1 , 83, 95% CI 0.75 to 4.47), hemoglobin level (p = 0.26; OR = 1.66; 95% CI 0.68 to 4.05) and intradialitik complications (p = 0.81 , OR = 1.11; 95% CI 0.44 to 2.80) with mortality in patients with CKD.
Conclusion: There is no significant relationship between age, gender, length undergoing hemodialysis, duration of HD, hypertension, diabetes, hemoglobin, and complications intradialitik in CKD patients undergoing hemodialysis in dr.Soedono Madiun Hospitals.
Keywords: Risk; Mortality; CKD; Hemodialysis; Regular
- Budiyanto, D. 2015. Population, Sampling and Large Sample. Retrieved from http://www.risbinkes. litbang.depkes.go.id/2015/wp-content/ uploads/2013/02/SAMPLING-DAN-BESARSAMPEL.pdf. [accessed on November 10 th 2016]
- Charnow JA,. 2016. Intradialytic Hypotension Hikes Long-Term Death Risk. Retrieved from http:// www.renalandurologynews.com/annual-dialysisconference/intradialytic-hypotension-hikes-longterm death-risk/article/479959/. [accessed on January 17 th 2017]
- De Goeij M et al. 2011. Association of Blood Pressure With Decline in Renal Function and Time Until The Start of Renal Replacement Therapy in Pre-dialysis Patients: a Cohort Study. BMC Nephrology 2011, 1 2:38
- Deger, SM, Ellis CD, Bian A., Shintani A., Ikizler TA, Hung AM 2014. Obesity, diabetes and survival in maintenance of hemodialysis patients. Http://web.a.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdfviewer/
- [accessed on November 3 th 2016]
- Ekantari F, 2012. Relationship Between Old Hemodialysis and Factor of Comorbidity With Patient Failure of Chronic Kidney Failure in RSUD dr. Moewardi. Essay. Public Health Studies Program. Muhammadiyah Surakarta university. Pp 9-12
- Hidayati, T., Hadipurnomo, K., Suhardi. 2008. The Relationship Between Hypertension, Smoking, and Drink Energy Supplements and Chronic Kidney Disease. News Community Medicine. Vol. 24, No. 2, June 2008. pages 90 - 102
- Ignatavicius. DD, & Workman. ML (2006). Medical surgical nursing: critical thinking for collaborative care. 5 th edition. St. Louis: Elsevier Saunders
- Inrig JK., 2010. Intradialytic Hypertension: A LessRecognized Cardiovascular Complication of Hemodialysis. Am J Kidney Dis. 2010 Mar; 55 (3): 580-589
- Kazancioglu & Rumeyza., 2013. Risk factors for chronic kidney disease: an update. Kidney Int Suppl (2011). 2013 Dec; 3 (4): 368-371
- Kotanko, P & Henrich, WL 2017. Intradialytic hypotension in an otherwise stable patient. Retrieved from http://www.uptodate.com/contents/intradialytic-hypotension-in-anotherwise-stable-patient [accessed on March 6 th 2017]
- Lorien S et al. 2010. Chronic Kidney Disease and the Risk of End-Stage Renal Disease versus Death. Journal of General Internal Medicine 26 (4): 379-85.
- Medscap Medical News. 2011. Kidney Disease Linked to Modifiable Lifestyle Factors. Retrieved from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/742119. [accessed on March 5 th 2017].
- Muzasti & Andri R. 2011. Phase Angle Relationship In Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis With Various Characteristics And Length Of Life Expectancy Of Chronic Hemodialysis Patients. Retrieved from http://repository.usu.ac.id/ handle/123456789/22999 [accessed on April 6 th 2017].
- Muharni, SI 2009. Living Pattern Prior Chronic Renal Failure Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis Therapies at the Regional General Hospital Langsa 2009. Thesis. Faculty of Nursing, University of North Sumatra. Pp viii.
- National of Kidney Foundation. 2015. Global Fact: About Kidney Disease. Retrieved from https:// www.kidney.org/kidneydisease/global-factsabout-kidney disease. [accessed on March 3 th 2017].
- Nurjanah. 2012. Relationship Between the Old Hypertension With Figures of Kidney Failure Terminal At Dr. Regional General Hospital. Moewardi Soerakarta. Publication manuscript. Faculty of Medicine, Muhammadiyah University of Surakarta. Pp 7
- Pernefri. 2014. 7 th Report Of Indonesian Renal Registry. Retrieved from http://www. indonesianrenalregistry.org/data/INDONESIAN%20RENAL%20REGISTRY%202014.pdf. [Accessed on March 3rd 2017].
- Roesli & Rully MA 2006. Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT). Buku Ajar Ilmu Disakit Dalam. Volume I, Issue IV, Central Jakarta Publishing Department of Internal Medicine Faculty of Medicine University of Indonesia. Hal: 596-599
- Septiwi C 2010. Relationship Between Hemodialysis Adequacy With Quality Of Life Of Hemodialysis Patients In Hemodialysis Unit RS. Prof. Dr. Margono Sukarjo Purwokerto. Dissertation. Postgraduate Study Program of Nursing Science, University of Indonesia. Pp v.
- Stefanson, BV et al. 2014. Intradialytic Hypotension and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014 Dec 5; 9 (12): 2124-2132.
- Tessy, A., 2009. Hypertension In Kidney Disease. In: Sudoyo, AW, Setiyobudi, B., Alwi, I., Simadibarata, M., Setiati, S., 2009. Textbook of Medicine vol II. 5th ed, Jakarta: Interna
- Publishing Center for Internal Medicine, pp.1086-1089.
- White, SL, Polkinghorne, KR, Cass, A., Shaw, JE, Atkin, RC & Chadban., SJ 2009. Alcohol consumption and 5-year onset of chronic kidney disease: the AusDiab study. Oxfordjournals. Nephrol Dial Transplant (2009) 24 (8): 2464-2472.
- Widiyatmoko, A. 2009. Albumin Level and Life Quality Difference of Kidney Failure Terminal Sufferers While Underwent Hemodialysis and After Moving to Sustainable Peritoneal Dialysis in RS Dr. Sardjito Yogyakarta. Pearl Medika. Vol. 9 No. 2: 01-06, July 2009.
- Yakoub, R., Habib, H., Lahdo, A., Ali, RA, Varjabedian, L., Atalla, G., Akl, NK, Aldakheel, S., Alahdad, S., Albitar, S. 2010. Association Between smoking and chronic kidney disease: a case control study. BMC Public Health. 2010; 10: 731. Published online 2010 November 25. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-10-731.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.